What is HFA: School for Creative Studies?
HFA: SCS, a combined middle & high school, is built on a solid foundation of experience. It's a partnership led by Henry Ford Learning Institute (
The world is in need of critical thinkers and problem solvers, people who can produce new ideas and come up with new solutions. Creative thinkers need a creative education, where learning is hands-on and takes place in studios, not through lectures in front of chalkboards. CCS has been developing creative thinkers for over 100 years. Advertising Designers. Comic Book Illustrators. Video Game Designers. Fashion Photographers. Animators. Product Designers. Graduates of CCS become leading professionals in art and design and meet the growing demand for creative and innovative thinkers.
E-Mail: info [at] hfascs.org
Phone: (313) 481-4000
Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies will provide:
- Caring adult role models in an environment that is nurturing, safe and secure
- Small class sizes and more hours of instruction
- Extra time for personalized support and homework assistance in the daily schedule
- An engaging curriculum designed to create the habits, knowledge and skills students need to achieve at high levels
- Art and design education in both core and elective courses with access to College for Creative Studies resources
- Inclusive family atmosphere where parents are welcomed as partners
- Strong community connections
- Exploration of future educational and career pathways
- Hands-on, project based learning led by highly qualified teachers
- Physical education courses that emphasize healthy behaviors
- Seamless transition to the HFA: SCS high school.